当前位置:旺旺英语 -> 试听频道 -> 商务英语 -> 职场社交 -> 我开了一整晚夜车


 


SCENE
A  吉娜一早进公司

【我开了一整晚夜车】

 

Zina:  Dave, 1) wake up.

吉娜:         戴夫,醒醒。

 

Dave: Whaah? Zina? What time is it?

戴夫:  啊?吉娜?现在几点了?

 

Zina:           It's seven-thirty. I want to know who left this note on my desk.

吉娜:         七点半。我要知道是谁在我桌上留了这张纸条。

 

Dave:  What note? I can't see. I just 2) pulled an all-nighter.

戴夫:         什么纸条?我看不到。我开了一整晚夜车。

 

Zina:           It's a little green 3) post-it note, 4) stuck right in the middle of my computer screen.

吉娜:         是小张的绿色便利贴,就粘在我电脑屏幕的中间。

 

Dave:  And? What does it say? Isn't there a name?

戴夫:         然后呢?上面写着什么?没有名字吗?

 

Zina:           It says, "Zina, I like how you 5) rhumba. An 6) admirer."

吉娜:         上面写着:吉娜,我喜欢你跳伦巴的样子。仰慕者。

 

 

语言详解

 

A: Where should I put this picture of Fiona?

   我该把费欧娜这张照片摆哪儿?

 

B: Just stick it on your front door.

   把它贴在你的前门就好了。

 

It's seven-thirty. 七点半。】

 

在这个句型中,it指时间。虽然这句话也可以简化为Seven-thirty.但还是用原句型较为适当。

it除了指时间以外,也用于指天气或距离,例如:

 

It's very hot today.

今天天气很热。

It's about 400 kilometers from Taipei to Kenting.

从台北到垦丁大约400公里。

 

A:How far is it from here to Hualien?

    从这里到花莲有多远?

B:It's about 150 kilometers.

    大约150公里。

A:How is the weather like down there?

    那里天气怎么样?

B:It's raining at the moment.

    此刻正在下雨。

 

1) wake up  醒来;awake醒着的

2) pull an all-nighter  开夜车,熬夜

3) post-it note  可贴的便条纸,系3M公司出品的办公用具,现已成为同类产品的代名词。

4) stick  (v.) 粘贴

5) rhumba  (n.) 伦巴舞

6) admirer  (n.) 仰慕者,secret admirer 暗恋者



下一篇:我可不便宜